Sustainability and cost efficiency
Procona keeps flowers fresh from producer to consumer. The reusable Procona flower bucket is not only sustainable, but it also increases the efficiency of your delivery and packing process. With the sturdy, reusable Procona you make a responsible choice for both the economy and the environment. Due to their rectangular shape and perfect stackability, they also provide better loading capacity than round buckets.
Cut flowers in Procona have hydration and ventilation during transport, which means less waste. Procona therefore combines sustainability with (cost) efficiency!
How does it work
The Procona system
A Procona flower bucket (for single or multiple use) in which the flowers are in water
A protective collar, available in multiple heights, made of cardboard (single use) or plastic (reusable)
A lid with ventilation openings (single or multiple use) on which Proconas can be stacked
Procona collars and lids
The collars are an important part of the stackable Procona system. The collars are available in multiple heights, so there is the perfect collar for every stem length. You can choose from recyclable cardboard or plastic collars.
The single-use cardboard collars are FSC certified, which contributes to forest conservation and a healthy environment. For heavier conditions (and for complete reusable packaging) there are our strong plastic collars made of polypropylene PP5, which can be reusable up to 40-50 times and come in transparent white as standard. Other colors are available on request.
All Procona collars are printed as standard with the Procona name and height and the recycling symbol. For a personal look, we also offer custom printing, available from a minimum quantity. In this way, the collar can also serve as a display.
For more information about customization and prices, please contact us.
Once the Procona is filled with flowers, the lid is placed on the top edge of the collar that fits into the rim of the flower bucket. Then, the flower bucket, collar, and lid are securely fastened with a strap, which allows the entire package to be lifted.
Thanks to ventilation openings in the lid, fresh air flows into the Procona, while the moist, warm air from the flowers escapes. As a result, even Proconas in the middle of a full pallet are well ventilated and the contents remain visible for inspection without the need for unpacking. The ridges on the lid ensure that a Procona placed on top easily slides into place and remains stable.
- Procona is a reusable packaging (reusable 80-100x)
- Less to no waste through reuse
- Circular by using 50% regranulate and 100% recyclable at end of life
- Savings on transport and CO2 due to better pallet load up to 25%; demonstrable by Life Cycle Analysis tool
- Saving on labor; Procona is Retail Ready
- Savings on transport; up to 25% better loading
- Savings on packaging; by reusing Procona's, plastic collars and lids
- On average 4% less flower loss due to better protection
- Flowers stay fresh with water during transport
- Flowers stay fresh through hydration and ventilation
- No damage during transport and processing
- Procona is sturdy, stackable and nestable
- Own color
- Barcode / QR code
- Procona is stable and stackable
- Procona is sturdy so that stacking with other products on a pallet is possible
- Due to hydration and ventilation, it is very suitable for transport over longer distances
- Optimal loading on pallets and carts